Tuesday 25 March 2008

Back home

Well after a long weekend with over 100 flat miles I can definetly say flat riding isn't easy. I missed the hills, there is no excuse for going slow when you can see how flat the road is ahead of you, even a little slope begins to feel like a hill and there is no chance to freewheel. The effects of the wind can also make the easiest looking road slow you down to under 10mph. But I'll definetly be bringing my roadie next time I go, in fact I think the perfect bike would have been a cross bike as all the bridleways I passed looked quite flat and went down the sides of fields.

Back to my own bed and I had one of the worst nights sleep I've had in ages, kept waking up scred stiff and somehow seem to have hurt my shoulder in the night. Going to ice it and rest this morning before deciding which bike to take out later, or maybe even have a rest day.

At the moment I'm really worrying about the Cheshire Cat the 50miles yesterday nearly killed me and I'm going to attempt to ride 97.5miles??? I'm thinking I should have done more training now!

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon Trio.
    -Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.

    While you are resting, can you write a post for non-bikey people (i.e. me) about what the different types of bikes are? I know what a mountain bike is and a BMX, other than that, I am clueless. I hope I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete