Wednesday 11 June 2008

Aborted ride

Headed out yesterday at 3pm as I was meeting friends at 5:15pm so I thought I'd get in a bit of riding first. Just before I left I checked my phone, Carolyn's back was playing up so she couldn't make it. I got as far as Smithills when my brakes (both of them) stopped working and my bike was making odd noises, some trailside fettling and they worked for a whole five minutes, at this point I decided to head home and get my singlespeed. Got home and Vikki had text me saying she wasn't riding, knee injury. I decided to be lazy and stay in.

I really must get my trek sorted, it needs so much doing to it and in 67 days it is my bike for transwales, I just need to find a money tree somewhere!

4 comments:

  1. Forks and brakes needed then?? Sounds like new bike time to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! That would be way too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do find that money tree, can you let me know where it is?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someones kindly cracked my MTBS frame so as luck would have it I have a set of Rebas and a set of Hope Monos going spare. - Speak to you Sat.

    ReplyDelete