Monday 8 September 2008

Utility Cycling

I was saying the other day that I should have got out on the 31st of August and cycled the 3 miles I needed to get my total mileage for the month to 800miles. When I realised that I had easily done 800miles as I regularly use my bike for running little errands. I often jump on the bike if we need a few bits of shopping since Asda is just over a mile away this is a lot quicker than walking and driving is just lazy. But I never bother with a bike computer for these trips, I usually wear normal clothes and my trainers, so I never add up the miles. I wonder how many miles I do in a year with these short trips?

4 comments:

  1. you're obsessed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I'll be obsessed when I start using my garmin to record these journeys ;)

    Ok maybe a little obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, I have an old computer on my utility bike. I managed 12 miles without realising it on Saturday nipping into Preston then the supermarket. It will add up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I count all of it! Utility trips, cycle commuting... maybe start bucketing that stuff together or get a computer for that bike just so you know...

    ReplyDelete