Friday 19 December 2008

crash test dummy

Today I was meeting Jumbly for a ride at 11am so before I went to Rivi I nipped into Bolton to get a new battery for Ali's watch, it turns out there was nothing wrong with the battery but hey I tried! Since I was then in Bolton Town Centre I took a different route over via Barrow Bridge. Once getting on Georges Lane I had loads of time, so I went down the ICR, I rode it ok although I kept scaring myself and having to slow down as I was going, for me, fast. I know speed is my friend but I'm a wimp!


After this I was heading down the singletrack next to the Belmont-Rivi road to get to top barn, got to the top of three steps, rode one, two, straight over the bars landing on my face! Got detached from my bike and up, face hurt but everything else ok, back on bike, oops I'm a bit dizzy, waited a bit then slowly made my way to top barn. Once there I had a look at the bike, I had already realised something was up with my brakes as the lever wasn't in an easy place to use. The rest seemed fine, I rotated the lever, but I think I have actually bent it as it hasn't been right for the whole ride.



Jumbly was out on her new singlespeed, I had a quick spin in the car park and it seems lovely. We did an eight mile loop over to the nab and back, saw a couple of peeps working on the new trail.

Then it was back to Chapel Tea rooms for some cake. Before splitting and heading home, in my case via Belmont. This is when the rain came and visibility dropped. Still I always have lights on my singlespeed so it was fine.

27.69miles @8.3mph
881m climbed

12 comments:

  1. a Voodoo Bokkor? hopefully from Timmy Tim Sideways?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I think so, how can you tell that from the pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your alright! I have a real talent for going over the bars, I don't fall off often but OTB seems to be my preference which is why I'm wary of steps and steep drop ins etc. At least you didn't try to impale yourself on the end of the handlebar first then faceplant as I did on my last flight, that hurt unbelievably. Hope face isn't sore for long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm known for not falling off, recently I'm doing a good job of it!

    I'll only work out where really hurts tomorrow, always the way. But it'll just be a few bruises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it goes in phases, no real falls for months and months and months then a bit of a cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well hopefully this cluster will stop soon! I've had enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope face heals up quickly! I have a knack for falling on my face when I mtn bike...the one part I'd really rather not fall on! Cool motion pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Trio, I'm sorry to read that you took a nosedive. Hope you are ok. We've got a saying here that it comes in threes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very sore today, all of me hurts! But hey it'll be fine. Decided not to ride today though, which is a shame as today was my long road miles day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, that could have been nasty. hope 'all of you' stops hurting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes that is fair not all of me hurts, but my knees, face, back are all very sore. I'm sure I'll be fine by tomorrow, since I didn't have time to react I was probably relaxed and fine.

    Might think about replacing my helmet though to be safe, it looks fine but you never can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you're still suffering from your nose dive. Yep, always best to be on the safe side with helmets. And to reply to Matt, yes it's a Bokkor and yes I got it from Sideways.

    ReplyDelete