Wednesday 7 January 2009

January - Century a month Challenge

I had decided that today I would get out and ride my 100miles, I had plotted a flat route from round here so I had no long climbs to contend with. I set off just after 9am. The day seemed nice and warmer than it had been, it wasn't long before I entered the mist though. This constant drizzle was to be my companion for the rest of the ride! I never bothered putting my waterproof on though my windproof did a good enough job and I had obviously dressed right as I never got cold. The most notable thing to happen on the ride was a white van man stopping to tell me I had dropped something 50yards back, turns out it was my phone so I was very grateful!

I had a look at my ten mile splits, compared to my overall average. I was pleased to see I finished strong. I felt strong a long the seafront in Southport and was pleasantly suprised to see I averaged 17.3 mph on this stretch.

Stats:
101.8 miles
980m climbed
Average Speed 14.6mph
Total time out of the house 7hrs 36mins

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic achievement there Trio.

    Sorry to hear about your back. I hate knowing you're suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White van man in nice to cyclist shocker! Well done Trio! I better get mine done soon hadn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a while yet! Maybe choose a day when its not constant drizzle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. great stuff. The pressure's on now!
    I haven't even figured out when I'm going to do my century this month yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. good work! now, are you gonna have a rest day or what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fantastic effort on such a miserable day (in fact any day). I thought it was much warmer when I stepped out the door this morning - it was a balmy 1 degree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate do you know what a rest day is? You are the one that did your century, then ran in the peaks the next day, then did a huge singlespeed ride in the peaks the day after!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Awesome accomplishment, Trio! A guy in a white van helped you?! White vans are the worst here. Nice to know they aren't all bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 101 miles!! Well done. I am planning the metric version. Some how finding seven hours might be a bit tough. The pressure is on for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was on a road bike though, you are doing your metric century on a mountain bike, that is hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is fantastic....did the conversion that 100 miles is around 160 km, and that makes my 93km on Tuesday look a little sad now.......BUT.....you have goven me motivation for those times when I feel like I am doing it tough in a 100km, I will think about your 160.....and your weather is cold at the moment too.....brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was 163.83 km yesterday. Legs sore today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats trio! You do the route we did for the ToB with a bit of add-ons?

    ReplyDelete
  14. No very different, only a couple of the same roads and in the opposite direction. Map above.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like at the end of Jan everyone else has failed the 100mile challange!

    Go trio!!!

    ReplyDelete