Wednesday 22 April 2009

Cross bikes are the best

Yesterday I had to go into Manchester for an induction for some work I will be doing. I decided to take the cross bike and although I thought I was going slow actually averaged 14.9 mph on the way there. On the way back I headed out to Salford to ride home off-road. The first part of the route has changed since my last ride on it. Gone are the muddy tracks to be replaced with gravelly things that are hard work to ride. Once I crossed the M60 though it was dusty singletrack so I was happy! One bike that seems as happy on road and off-road is ideal!

4 comments:

  1. 15mph on a cross bike!!

    Ekkk, i'm going to have to find some way of slowing you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find it any slower than my road bike. I was riding into manchester so it is a flat/downhill route. It's always a lot slower on the way home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cross bikes sounds cool. i'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put it on the wish list as your next bike?

    ReplyDelete