Friday 12 March 2010

24solo

Well its happening! Due to Ollie having to have shoulder surgery he has transferred his entry to me. So after all my talking about wanting my next challenge to be a 24hour solo it is now happening in just over two months, eek!

I suppose now its time to practice for the race, up the miles. Get used to eating and drinking on the bike and generally panic! Ali is kindly coming to do support, although she said something about getting some sleep at night so she can drive me home. I suspect she is the only one who can cope with me in the hours leading up to the start!

So hints and tips on the race day and training please!

6 comments:

  1. Which event? I would say your mad but actually it seems like a natural progression for you.

    No advice at all but probably riding lots and sorting your fuelling out to keep you going for 24 hours will no doubt be part of it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. which race is it? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one

    http://www.sip-events.co.uk/solo-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you need many tips, you can already ride forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no tips. I will look forward to hearing from you about it. I can only offer my best wishes, good luck lass

    ReplyDelete