Monday 22 October 2012

Rapha Super Crosss

Yesterday the Rapha Super Cross came to Broughton Hall, Skipton. Since it was only an hour away and most of my twitter friends seemed be going I entered, originally I was on the reserves list but I got a place. I can't say I was in the mood for racing but the atmosphere helped with that. They lined the women up on a separate start line (we still started at the same time as the vets) which was cool. The pace was high off the line with lots of fast girls there. The first two laps I held my position, on the third I switched off a little but the last two I was racing as others started to tire and my endurance kicked in. I managed to catch and pass two women in these laps and finished in 9th place (19 finishers/20 starters) int he women's which I was really pleased with.

After my race we stayed to cheer our friends racing in the seniors and the fun race, special mention to Budge who came third dressed as a giraffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment