Monday 5 January 2015

High up caches

Ali was back at work on Saturday so Cybi and I headed over to Fairholmes to meet Lou and Cybi for some geocaching. I had decided we should try and bag the three highest geocaches in Yorkshire since the weather forecast was good. Meeting at 9am we stopped at the kiosk for second breakfast before heading into the hills. First geocache found it was time to head high, a bit of bog trotting took us up on the edge where the three caches are located. Up there it was windy, no chance of talking to each other and cold. At one point I decided to get my bothy bag out so we could at least hear each other, it's impressive how well it works, although getting in it was hard work! It was at this point my map got blown away!

Dropping down we were all glad to be out of the wind and we walked a slightly longer way back to the cars via a few more caches. We got back just as it got dark. In total we did nearly 16miles, Cybi was definitely tired.

2 comments:

  1. I bet he was. Our Spaniel hated going for evening walks but put the boots and rucksack in the car and she was in her element for a long walk. You will have to invest in some boots for Cybi if you walk off road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has boots after getting sore paws doing Ben Nevis. But doesn't need them round here, I carry a pair for his rear paws in case its very rocky.

    ReplyDelete