Thursday 9 April 2015

Monyash Audax

A while ago I suggested to Hannah that we did the Wednesday audax over Easter, we had enjoyed it last year when we rode with Sarah, Al, Ros and Julie. Hannah suggested we did the hilly one for a change this year. Although I hadnt done much riding since last summer I thought why not, anyway it would motivate me to do some riding. But before I knew it it was Easter and I hadn't done much riding.

After some bike fettling in the car park and a second breakfast at Costa we were on our way. The weather was stunning and I was glad I had put sun cream on. The route was brilliant but definetly hilly with some steep steep hills. Hannah has been riding more and so she was powering up the hills while I plodded along. By the end I was sore but happy after a great day in the saddle.

Just over 100k with over 2000m climbing was a brutal reintroduction to riding.

2 comments:

  1. You must have a very good base level of fitness to do this. Have you thought of a trailer for Cybi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he'd like it, he'd want to be out running! I also would never get up hills towing that weight!

      Delete